Saturday, October 07, 2006

Some photos

Happy Saturday. Its reasonably sunny today so I got a few good (relatively, considering the photographer's skills) pictures of Fetching


Those are in Morehouse Merino that I bought at MD Sheep and Wool in 2005.

and Kitty Pi just before the decrease rounds - hopefully it will get finished today.

I'm nervous about fulling it. My washer is a frontloader. I have a choloate mohair boucle and a teeny bit of beige mohair that I think I'll carry along with the Big Kureyon for a few rounds when I get to that point. Stashbusting!

Update
Three spins through the whole washer cycle and the kitty pi is blocking nicely on the front porch. I didn't bother to weave in ends. I figure I can cut them now that they're felted.

4 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

I have successfully felted in my front loading washer. I added a pair of old sneakers for friction. My bags felted to my desired state after 30 minutes. I have only used Cascade 220. I don't know how Noro will work.

8:22 AM  
Blogger pd said...

I just threw it in with a towel - sneakers would have been better I bet.

I was concerned about it felting together since I couldn't check on it, or that the spin cycle would keep it from holding any shape, but it looks fine. Its draped over a bucket to dry right now.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

For the 2 bags I have felted, I kept checking to see if it stuck together and it was totally fine.

Next time I am going to just let it keep going. Stopping the wash and waiting for the water to drain in order to open the door is a pain.

12:38 PM  
Blogger pd said...

I couldn't even figure out how to drain it so I had no choice.

I'm glad I didn't take it to the laundromat like I thought I should.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home